Partnership Questions and Shortcut Tricks
Partnership Questions – General Questions Practice different types of aptitude test for free, including numerical and verbal tests. All questions comes with worked solutions to help you improve your ability to solve Partnership Questions
P1 : P2 = C1 × T1 : C2 × T2
- P1 = Partner 1’s Profit.
- C1 = Partner 1’s Capital.
- T1 = Time period for which Partner 1 contributed his capital.
- P2 = Partner 2’s Profit.
- C2 = Partner 2’s Capital.
- T2 = Time period for which Partner 2 contributed his capital.
1. When investments of all the partners are for the same time. The gain or loss is distributed among the partners in the ratio of their investments.
For example, A and B invest Rs. x and Rs. y respectively for a year in a business, then at the end of the year:
(A’s share of profit) : (B’s share of profit) = x : y.
2. When investments are made for varying lengths of time. Equivalent capitals are determine. For each unit of time by taking (capital x number of units of time). In the ratio of these capitals, gain or loss. Is now divided.
Suppose A invests Rs. x for p months and B invests Rs. y for q months then,
(A’s share of profit) : (B’s share of profit)= xp : yq.