Coding & Decoding set 2
This is the verbal reasoning questions and answers section on “coding decoding questions” with explanation for various interview, competitive examination
Coding and Decoding questions, as the name suggests, are questions where candidates have to decode a condition or a code given in the statement and based on it answer the questions.
Coding and Decoding Reasoning Tricks and Questions with Answer
In Aptitude Tests for multiple government exams, one of the most important section is the Coding-Decoding section. It is common that several questions are asked from this topic in aptitude tests. We have seen all the different types of aptitude test questions from this section in the chapter on coding-decoding. By checking out different types of Coding-Decoding Reasoning questions and tricks Non-verbal reasoning has a vast collection of questions on Coding-Decoding
In the following section, we will see examples of various forms of coding. We will see the Letter-letter coding, Number Coding, Symbol Coding, Number-Letter mixed coding. We will introduce techniques and tricks that will help you solve any question within a minute. The section has problems for practice at the end of the section.
Letter Coding Trick:
This is the code that is derived on the basis of the alphabets. Usually, the position of alphabets is used. For example, let us see the following question.
Example 1: In the language, “EXAM” is coded as “FYBN”. In the same language, how will we code “RESULT”?
A) SFTVMU B) REPTUY C) ERICCART D) KYLEBROW
Answer: The first step is to detect the code. For that, we need to focus on the word EXAM. The first letter E in code is F, similarly the code for X is Y, for A it is B and for M it is N. Thus we see that in this language the alphabet is shifted to one step to the front. Thus the code for R will be S and hence the correct option here is A) SFTVMU.
Coding-Decoding is the simplest and scoring chapter of Reasoning. Whenever you face these type of easy questions never skip them.
- First of all we should know the positioning (in numerical value) and opposite of all alphabets. The below given diagram explain itself:
(ABOVE GIVEN DIAGRAM SHOWS THE NUMERICAL VALUES OF DIFFERENT ALPHABETS AS WELL AS PARTICULAR ALPHABET’S OPPOSITE ALPHABETS E.G. NUMERIC VALUE OF F IS 6 AND OPPOSITE OF F IS U AND U’S NUMERIC VALUE IS 21 AND SO ON).
Example 2: In a certain code, “Delhi is capital” is coded as “7 5 9”. The sentence “capital are beautiful” is coded as “3 6 9”, and “Delhi is beautiful” is coded as “6 7 5”. Also “Patna also capital‟ is coded as “9 2 4”. What is the code for “beautiful” in this code?
A) 2 B) 4 C) 5 D) 6 E) 7
Answer: To solve codes like these remember the order of the numbers may be anything. For example, in “Delhi is capital” and “Delhi is beautiful”, we can see that the words “Delhi is” are common and thus we can see that capital is 9 and beautiful is 6. Therefore the correct option here is D) 6.
Coding and Decoding online Quiz
- Statement and ConclusionLearn Statement And Conclusion mcq questions and answers with easy explanations – Statement And Conclusion is part of competitive reasoning
- Assertion and ReasonAssertion and Reason , Assertion means a statement and reason means an explanation about that particular statement. Tricks to answer Assertion and Reason questions 5 best tips and strategies for students to answer assertion questions are given below: 1. Take time to read your exam assertion–reason questions If you rush through the assertion questions, you […]
- Word formation PRACTICE TEST 5In the Word Formation Questions Answers is followed by four other words, one of which cannot be formed by using the letters of the given word
- Word formation PRACTICE TEST 4In the Quiz a word is followed by four other words, one of which cannot be formed by using the letters of the given word. Find this word.
- Word formation PRACTICE TEST 3Word formation online test questions and answers of verbal reasoning for private & government jobs, competitive examination, entrance test and interview .
- Word formation PRACTICE TEST 2This mock test of Word formation test for SSC Bank helps you for every entrance exam.contains 50 Multiple Choice Questions for SSC bank Test
- Word formation PRACTICE TESTMeaningful Word formation Reasoning Questions-Answers with Explanations for SSC, IBPS/SBI PO,Clerk, MBA and other Similar Competitive Exams
- mathematical operations MCQ SET 2Logical verbal reasoning mathematical operations MCQ test question and answer online practice test with Answers for IBPS BANK SSC RRB SBI UPSC etc
- mathematical operations set 1Logical verbal reasoning mathematical operations MCQ test question and answer online practice test with Answers for IBPS BANK SSC RRB SBI UPSC etc
- Direction Sense MCQ test 2Logical verbal reasoning Direction Sense MCQ test question and answer online practice test with Answers for IBPS BANK SSC RRB SBI UPSC etc
- direction & distance MCQdirection & distance Online Quiz, Following quiz provides Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) related to direction & distance Sense. You will have to read all the given
- Distance Sense MCQLogical verbal reasoning Distance Sense MCQ test question and answer online practice test with Answers for IBPS BANK SSC RRB SBI UPSC etc
- Direction Sense MCQLogical verbal reasoning Direction Sense MCQ test question and answer online practice test with Answers for IBPS BANK SSC RRB SBI UPSC etc