In this tutorial, we will learn about headings in HTML and its types with the help of examples.
- HTML headings are important to use in any document.
- These headings show the document structure and the users are attracted by the headings.
- These headings help the search engines to index the structure and content of the webpage.
- Heading tags help us to give headings to the content of a webpage.
Types of Headings
There are six different HTML headings which are defined with the <h1> tag to <h6> tag.
- <h1> is the most important heading.
- <h6> is the least important heading.
Browsers automatically add some space before and after a heading.
Every tag displays the heading in a different style and font size. <h1> heading should be used for the main heading of the document, followed by <h2> headings, then the less important heading <h3>, and so on.
<h1 title = "Heading 1">Hello World!</h1>
<h2 title = "Heading 2">Hello World!</h2>
<h3 title = "Heading 3">Hello World!</h3>
<h4 title = "Heading 4">Hello World!</h4>
<h5 title = "Heading 5">Hello World!</h5>
<h6 title = "Heading 6">Hello World!</h6>