Automobile Engineering MCQ Quiz set 17 –
Try our Practice test questions on Automobile Engineering and check questions with corresponding answers. Analyze your overall performance in the practice tests. what does the odometer of an automobile measure
what does the odometer of an automobile measure
What does an odometer measure?
Odometer, or odograph , is a device that measures the distance travelled by an automobile based on the perimeter of the wheel as the wheel rotates. The odometer gives us only the measure but doesn’t show the direction of velocity. The odometer measures the scalar quantity – the speed of the car.
Does the odometer show the direction of velocity?
The odometer gives us only the measure but doesn’t show the direction of velocity. The odometer measures the scalar quantity – the speed of the car. The device may be electronic or mechanical or a combination of the two.
how does an odometer work
Mechanical odometers are turned by a flexible cable made from a tightly wound spring. The cable usually spins inside a protective metal tube with a rubber housing. On a bicycle, a little wheel rolling against the bike wheel turns the cable, and the gear ratio on the odometer has to be calibrated to the size of this small wheel.
Where is the odometer located on a car?
Beneath the steering wheel, on the dashboard, is the odometer which displays the distance a car has run for. Odometer reading comes in very handy if you are looking to sell your car or even to calculate the mileage.
This Automobile Engineering Test contains around 15 questions of multiple choice with 4 … You have to select the right answer to a question.
Automobile Engineering Test
- Methods for Starting a DC MotorThe internal wiring of a 3 point starter is as shown in the figure.The lever is turned gradually to the right to start the connected dc motor
- DC Motor CharacteristicsA DC motor’s efficiency is determined by the relationship between armature current, torque, and speed. This is known DC Motor Characteristics
- Types of DC MotorSimilar to generators, there are three different types of dc motor based on how the field winding is connected to the armature, and they are
- Working of DC MotorWorking of DC Motor- When the terminals of the motor are connected to an external source of dc supply then
- DC Motor Principle of operationA current-carrying conductor experiences a mechanical force when it is placed in a magnetic field, which is DC Motor principle of operation
Free online test to practice for Competitive exams. Free JAVA PROGRAMMING QUIZ Questions will help you to prepare for Online Exam, Entrance and Interview. Learn and Practice online test for Free and Prepare for your exam online with us