Amnesty International day
Amnesty International kya hai | what is amnesty international
Amnesty International day (Amnesty International kya hai )
- Amnesty International is a non-governmental organization.
- Which was founded on 28 May 1961 by a British lawyer named Peter Benson.
- The ‘headquarters’ of ‘Amnesty International’ is located in London.
- The primary goal of this organization is to defend and advocate for human rights.
- Peter Benson founded this organization as a mass movement primarily with the aim of releasing prisoners around the world
- who have been imprisoned for peaceful expression of their political, religious or other secular beliefs.
- The organization has over three million members and supporters worldwide.
- The purpose of the organization is to stop the atrocities against human rights . And to provide justice to the oppressed people.
- This organization has also been awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace in the year 1977 . And the United Nations Prize for the Protection of Human Rights in the year 1978.
- ‘Amnesty International Day’ is organized every year on 28 May.